the historic franklin fund
To better support Main Street Franklin’s (MSF) overall mission to preserve and enhance Franklin’s historic business district, its Board of Directors made the decision to create the Historic Franklin Fund (HFF), a charitable 501c3.
This was done with the intent of placing additional emphasis on preserving the traditions, architecture, and appearance of Franklin’s one of a kind Village Center.
In addition, the Historic Franklin Fund will offer community members and other friends of Franklin Village the opportunity to make tax-deductible donations in support of the preservation and revitalization of Franklin’s historic Village Center.
As a 501c6, MSF – a fully accredited National Main Street program – will continue to focus on enhancing the economic strength of the historic commercial district, while maintaining its unique historic character by implementing the National Main Street Center’s 4-point approach.
As the 501c3 charitable partner of MSF, the Historic Franklin Fund will provide general information, educational workshops, architectural and preservation guidance, and grant assistance to support MSF’s following goals:
• Preventing community deterioration
• Preserving historic structures in accordance with federal, state, and municipal governmental historical standards
• Educating the general public on the historical significance of the Village of Franklin and the importance of historical preservation
• Beautifying the community of Franklin
• Facilitating environmentally sustainable renovation